OFFICEL SHOW RULES OF THE
NATIONAL ANGORA RABBIT BREEDERS CLUB, INC
Effective October 28, 2012
Official sweepstakes, National Angora Rabbit Breeders Club, Inc.
The NARBC, Inc. awards certificates once a year from BOB and BOS. Best-in-show, Reserve-in-show, Best 4-class and Best 6-class winners will receive
special certificates. Winners must be a member of the NARBC, Inc or join before the end of the show. Dues for one year: Single - $10.00, Youth - $5.00, One
Rabbitry/2 persons-$15.00, Family-$20.00
Sanction request should be sent to the Sanction/Sweepstakes Chairperson.
Show Secretaries are to send completed show reports to the Sweepstakes Chairperson within 30 days after the show. Paid applications for membership may be
included with the show report.
- English, French, Giant, and Satin angoras are four separate breeds and must be judged separately from each other.
- Clubs wishing to participate in an angora sweepstakes show must request a sanction from the Sanction/Sweepstakes Chairperson of NARBC, Inc.
The request and payment must be either postmarked, if postal mail, or completed on the NARBC, Inc Paypal prior to the day of the show. Request to
be accompanied with the sanction fee of $15.00 for all four breeds-Open and Youth; youth is free when requested with an Open sanction for all four
breeds. Youth sanction only-$5.00 for all four breeds. Fair show sanction only-$5.00 one breed or $15.00 all four breeds. Sanction fee payments may
be made via PayPal by sending payment to: email@example.com List your shows ARBA sanction number.
- The Official Sweepstakes paragraph, listed at the top of the page, must be printed in the show catalog.
- No club can sponsor an Angora Sweepstakes show unless their show is first sanctioned by the ARBA.
- The club sponsoring the show must award at least $5.00 for B.O.B. and $4.00 for B.O.S, or an award of equal value, for each breed if ten or more
animals are shown in the breed.
- To qualify for sweepstakes points and club specials, the exhibitor must be a member of the NARBC, Inc. at the time of the show or must join before
the end of the show. Paid applications for membership may be sent in with the show report to the Secretary.
- The Secretary of the NARBC, Inc. will furnish a set of rules and printed forms upon request or may be obtained on the NARBC, Inc website for
listing the show results to the Show Secretary. Show reports must be completed and returned to the NARBC Inc Secretary within 30 days after the
show. Future sanctions will not be issued until the report from the previous show is received by the Secretary.
- National Sweepstakes will run from August 1 through July 31, with the awards given at or after the ARBA National Convention for the top 10 in
each breed and the top 3 in wool classes of each breed.
- Interpretation of the Show Rules by the Executive Committee or the NARBC, Inc. will be binding for all shows.
- Sweepstakes points are valued as follows: 6 times number in class for 1st, 4 times number in class for 2nd, 3 times number in class for 3rd, 2
times number in class for 4th, 1 times number in class for 5th. B.O.B. receives an additional one-point bonus times the number entered in the breed.
B.O.S. receives an additional half point bonus times the number entered in the breed. An additional 100 points will be awarded for any angora being
awarded Best-In-Show at an Open/Youth show (not including specialty show). An additional 50 points will be award for any angora being awarded
Reserve-In-Show, Best 4-Class or Best 6-Class at an Open/Youth show (not including specialty show). Double points will be awarded for all
classes, bonuses, Best-In Show and Reserve-In-Show at National Angora Specialty Shows and the ARBA National Convention.
- Rabbit of the Year points. Each rabbit that wins Best of Breed and Best Opposite Sex of Breed will be awarded Rabbit of the Year points as follows:
Total number of angoras shown in breed, Best of Breed will be awarded two (s) times the total number of rabbits shown in the breed. Best Opposite Sex of
Breed will be awarded one (1) time the number of rabbits shown in the breed. The points earned will follow the rabbit, not the owner.
- Points on breed wool classes will be valued as class points and will be judged as white and colored. Wool sweepstakes will be the total of white
and colored wool points combined. At least the top three (3) winners will be published in the Angora News and the NARBC, Inc website. Double points
will be awarded for all ARBA Conventions and NARBC, Inc National Angora Shows. Best White Wool, Best Colored Wool, and Best Overall Wool of each breed
will receive Rosettes at these shows. In addition to the double points, bonus points of one point per number of wool entries by breed will be awarded
to the Best Overall Wool by breed.
- Points will be computed on actual number of rabbits judged.
- The NARBC, Inc. will, at the ARBA Convention each year, present an award for Best Display in English, French, Giant, and Satin, based on points
won at the show.
- The NARBC, Inc will issue a free Open and Youth Sanction to the sponsoring club of the NARBC Inc. National Show and the ARBA Convention. Limit
one per year.
- A club who has purchased an open or youth sanction and no angoras were shown, may request a FREE sanction for their next show provided a show
report has been sent to the NARBC, Inc Secretary indicating 'no angoras were shown'.
NARBC, INC. YOUTH SWEEPSTAKES SHOW RULES:
- NARBC, Inc. open show rules apply with the following exceptions, additions, or deletions.
- Youth Sanctions are free when requested with the Open sanction request provided the ARBA Youth Sanction number is listed on the request and sent to
the NARBC, Inc Secretary. If a Youth only Sanction is requested, the fee is $5.00 for all four breeds of angoras. Youth points will count fully toward
the NARBC, Inc Youth Sweepstakes.
- Club sponsoring show must offer at least $2.00 for B.O.B and $1.00 for B.O.S. or an award of equal value, if ten or more animals are shown in the breed.
- It is against ARBA rules to enter the same rabbit in both youth and open classes at the same show. Youth may make entries in both Youth and Open
classes with different animals. Adults cannot show in Youth classes at any time.
- At all ARBA and NARBC, Inc Youth Sanctioned shows, exhibitors must be between the ages of five (5) and eighteen (18) years of age.
- Youth must be able to handle their own animals, if stated in the show catalog; youth entries must be carried by youth exhibitors.
- Youth sweepstakes points will only be accumulated at Youth sanctioned shows. Youth earning points in Open shows will automatically be added to
- National sweepstakes will run from August 1 through July 31 with the awards given by or at the ARBA National Convention for the top 10 in each
breed and the top 3 in wool classes of each breed.
- Youth sweepstakes: at least the top 10 places in each breed and top 3 places in wool of each breed will be published in the Angora Newsletter.
- Youth exhibitors will follow the same rules/guidelines for Sweepstakes, Rabbit of the Year and other club specials as the open exhibitors.